Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mondrian-Inspired Quilt Block

As I was gabbing to my dear friend today about a new quilting bee that I am participating in, her response was, "Why haven't you blogged about it yet?"  Good question!  Well, my only excuse, apart for being in England for two weeks is that I've been a little under weather since we returned and I'm not sure that I've actually sat down at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time...until now.  So, here goes!

Back in March, I decided to face my fear of participating in an online quilting bee.  I joined a new bee that is comprised of 12 "newbies."  Sounded like a good safe place to start, and with one block down, I'm so glad that I did!

April's block was to be a "Mondrian" inspired quilt block.  When I returned from England I had a lovely bundle of fabric waiting for me and I couldn't wait to get started.  First of all, I love seeing other people's fabric selections.  Especially when I really like all of the fabrics individually, but never would have put them together on my own.  My bundle included two shades of gray, a brown/metallic print, orange monotone, blue dots, stripe, green wonky blocks, and a green floral.

And here's the final product...

 
I had so much fun putting this block together and even more fun seeing all of the other bee member's contributions!  I can't wait to see the final product!

So, if you've never stepped out of your comfort zone and tried an online quilting bee, I highly recommend it!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. I love the way your block turned out! Great job! I think our virtual bee is going to be lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is awesome. And even more so in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shop the Mulberry alexa,Bayswater,Purses bag at Mulberry UK online. Offers a wide range of Mulberry bag products and more at Mulberry UK .

    ReplyDelete