Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quilt Retreat & Maverick Stars

This past weekend the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild officer's got together for a quilting retreat in Cedar Hill, TX at the 1890s House. It was just a short drive away, but it really felt like a nice retreat from busy life. The farm house sleeps eight and has an adjacent "sewing cottage" equipped with everything one needs for uninterrupted sewing.

Not only were the accommodations great, but the company was even better! What an amazing collection of women that we have leading the DMQG this year. I feel so very fortunate to be part of this group. Over the weekend, we discovered that we all have vastly different backgrounds and experiences, yet we form this fantastically cohesive team. By Saturday evening you would have thought that we had know each other for years.

While I didn't get as many projects completed as I had wanted to, I did manage to finish my May block, Maverick Stars, for the New Kids on the Block online bee. I'd never done this type of block before, so it was a good experience, however I don't think I'll be doing any of these for my own quilts.

The finished product...


And on a final note, if you haven't made it to a DMQG - Saturday Sew yet, you don't know what you are missing! Join us this Saturday, May 29!

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment